Why can't I get downloads e.g. Adobe reader 10 with FF Beta4.8 using XP home sp3 and NIS11 when the file downloads and then auto-deletes before I can use it?
The downloads folder does not save files when they are downloaded. problem particularlly with binary files e.g. adobe reader 10
NIS has been deactivated and problem persists.
Initially downloads are canceled. When retry option is selected file downloads in window but sub directory shows file while downloading and then it is deleted
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1682
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0b8) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b8
None of the information at that link is specifically related to this issue, it's just general help on downloading files.
When you posted a reply to this thread recently, you were replying to a question that was asked over a year ago.
This thread was locked because of a new feature just added to the Support Forum, that automatically locks a thread if it was originally created over 180 days in the past.
If you need help with Firefox you should ask a new question. You can use this link as a starting point: https://support.mozilla.org/questions/new