"Bing" has become default search engin, want "Google" back, how 2 do it.
I have "google" as my default search engine in IE preferences, USED to be in firefox also, a few days ago, "bing" shows up as search engine. I cannot find "bing" under ANY program stuff anywhere to remove it. What happened, and how do I get "google" back? Even if I type in "google" in the location bar & hit "enter' it switches back to "bing."
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
a few days ago
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- ijji Auto Install Plugin for Mozilla
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) SearchToolbar/1.2
Thanks for the quick reply.
I don't use "chrome,," but I followed the instructions and had to go a little deeper into the "preference" stuff. If you type in "browser" it gives the full list of related info, found 2 other locations where "bing" was listed, "home page" was one of those, changed all to "google" and it worked.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
1)enter " about:config " in mozilla address bar 2)type "babylon" or "bing" in search box 3)reset all the search results (right-click on the result) 4)type "keyword.url" in search box 5)right click on the keyword.url - modify 6)copy &paste "http://www.google.com/search?hl=en-GB&q= " for google as default search engine