how to delete duplicate bookmarks
just a simple question. how can i delete duplicate bookmarks, and how will i know when someone has the answer?
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- HBLite Firefox Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
If there are only a few bookmarks that you want to delete, you can right-click on the bookmark and select Delete.
Another option is to use the CheckPlaces add-on, you can use it to search your bookmarks for duplicates and then select the ones to delete.
The CheckPlaces add-on doesnt work well. The explanations for its different settings are not very clear. I thought it would spare the original one & delete everything below it. Instead it worked randomly & I had to look among the different duplicates to find which folder was spared & which not!!! So the program didnt work the way I thought it wil.
Fortunately there were my FF back ups. So I used this to retreive the original bookmarks with its many folders... then deleted the duplicates by hand (which costed me hours plus back- & head-aches)