web pages appear too big
web pages are way too big and i can't fix this. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
ever since i downloaded Mozilla Firefox
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.00 for Netscape
- Network Object Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Hi, exactly what is too big and in comparison to what else. Please remember we can not see what you are seeing.
- are you looking at webpages that are mainly text, is the text to big or too small or ok and you can read it ?
- does this firefox support page display ok ?
- is text size normal, and does it all fit on the width of the screen without you needing to scroll ?
- do you know what screen resolution you are using ?
Some things you could try:
- ZOOM use control key and the plus or minus key, or use View-> Zoom note that also includes a 'text only' option
- Full Screen View: key F11 or View -> Full screen will hide some of the bars so you see more of the webpage (press F11 again to return to normal)
There are options for setting minimum text sizes, and also addons to change all sorts of things, sometimes with special scripts, but lets just try the simple things first.
Note in Windows XP your screen resolution may be reset to different valuses using
- Start -> Control Panel -> Display -> screen resolution
Note that has a slider and towards the "more" end will give more pixels, that usually results in more text or words being displayed on a screen or webpage, but each word being smaller.
I just want the OLD version back. PLEASE. How do I get rid of this one, and go back to the old version. WHICH worked great. Should have never downloaded the new one.
You would have done better to start a new thread or read an existing one. The choice is between Firefox 3.6 and Firefox 5 if you wish to follow the official advice.
See Install an older version of Firefox <-- clickable link ---
Not sure this is the same issue,but lately I find that CNN videos are zoomed in too much,and I can't see the borders.Here is a link to side by side screen grabs at the same point in a sample video that illustrates what I mean.One video was shown on a site outside CNN,and the same video was on the CNN site: http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/5496/cnnvideotoobig.jpg Anybody know what the solution is? Thanks!
Yours seems a site specific issue relating to use of CNN videos. There are aparently two factors involved
- Whether you choose to play full screen or not
On both screenshots there appears to be an option on the video to play full screen and on the full screen video you have used this option, on the other you have not
- Page design, The sites may choose to show other information and or adverts on a page. You may find some sites offer differing video resolutions, maybe even allowing you a selection choice and they may play better at some particular size.
Previously posted here: [/questions/919505]
Did you try to uninstall and reinstall Flash another time or try to clear the Flash local settings?
- Windows Control Panel > Flash Player, click Delete All and Delete Data
Actually,using full screen on CNN doesn't help.It just shows a larger version of the smaller video. I don't think CNN wants the videos to render like that-people who are talking,for example,are either not visible,or are half cut off. I contacted CNN tech support,but their suggestions were not helpful.