Bing keeps trying to become the permanent browser. I didnt install it SO HOW DO I GET RID OF IT? It installed a tool bar and i want rid of it. Its VERY annoying!
bing popped up trying to become my web browser. it installed a tool bar and i would like all of the bing stuff gone. its very annoying.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
i was attempting to download a driver update from MICROSOFT.a
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 5.00 for Netscape
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) SearchToolbar/1.2
"Bing" is a search engine, not a "web browser".
SearchToolbar/1.2 - get rid of that Toolbar.
your correct. I just want the darn thing off my screen. and the tool bar gone.
Two places to look at to remove it. One is Add or Remove Programs in the Windows Control panel. The second is Tools > Addons > Extensions in Firefox.
I thank all who answered my plea. i have the problem resolved and tell all IF YOU HAVE SETTINGS FOR AUTOMATIC UPDATES AND DON'T WANT BING THEN CHANGE IT OR YOU WILL GET IT.once it is in it is a pain to get rid of!