I chose Google as my browser, but every time I go into Firefox "Bing" comes on as my browser. How do I get rid of it.
On my HP lap top on the right side beside the space where you put in your addresses is a space where I can chose from different browsers. I have chosen Google. Every time I boot up the computer and open Firefox the screen will open with MSN, which gives me a screen crowded with ads and news and a search called "BING". I AM NOT interested in this screen, I have to go to the space up on top and click on the search tool to get Google back, even though I chose google and the browser address identifies itself as google. I tried to delete BING from the list of choices, but it won't budge. I really resent this inability to keep my browser. Please help! Gabriele Sattler
Modified by Gsattler
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Bing Bar
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
Google and Bing are Search engines, where Firefox and IE are web browsers. To the right of the Location bar, where web addresses are typed, is the Search bar. Selecting a Search engine to use in the Search bar only controls the Search bar.
It sounds like your problem is with MSN being your Homepage and you want to change it to something else. See this support article: