The Bing web browser has ijacked my Firefox browser. How can i get rid of it.
I downloaded some wallpaper images from Bing. Which i can no longer delete. Then out of the blue Bing took over as my browser
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
About 10 days ago.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
The Bing browser does not show up in my installed programs list,I can not find any info about it my computer.
I am just guessing here but possibly Bing has reset your homepage, or has installed some sort of application/toolbar.
To reset your homepage see: How to set the home page
To look for unwanted addons use Tools -> Add-ons and disable &/or uninstall anything that is unwanted.
Thanks John99 for your reply. I tried what you said. But could not find any reference to Bing. I think that Bing is part of Microsoft. I tried to access their website but could not get through.
Yes Bing is the MicroSoft search engine. I was unsure what you meant by "Bing took over as my browser "
The MS browser is of course Internet Explorer which normally comes bundled along with a Windows Operating System.
Thanks John99 for your interest in my problem. My grand daughters boyfriend managed to get rid of Bing for me. And put my old web browser back. Once again thank you for your interstt in my problem.
Glad you sorted out your problems.
I noted when reading another post that there is a 'MSN Toolbar' that I imagine could force Bing to be used in searches.