How to unhack a browser
My fire-fox browser is hacked. When I open a tab to search a web site it redirects me to different sites and I am getting POP up tabs to advertisement sites. I have tried several types of malware removal programs and they find nothing. I am using windows XP service pack 2 and the version is ..[ Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ].. Please help me remove this problem I dont want to use any other browser because this is so much faster and easier to use then IE Please help Cork.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
About 4 months ago
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13
I have used avast pro/ malwarebites/spyware Dr/ Search and destroy
Do a malware check with some malware scan programs.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
If you can't fix it with the above listed scanners then you need to ask advise on one of the forums that specialize in malware removal mentioned in the Popups_not_blocked article.