My home page is set to http://www.msn.com but when I log on I am redirected to https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1292465675&rver=5.5.4177.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fwww.msn.com%2F&lc=1033&id=1184. What is going on
Sometime a dialogue box comes up and says that the information that I am requesting is being sent over an unsecure server and I have to click ok to send. Just dont get it. Thanks.
Additional System Details
- Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 184.108.40.206
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
This is normal behaviour for Microsoft sites. The login.live.com is the standard login page for Microsoft sites using the Windows Live ID. You should be re-directed back to the msn page after logging in.
Thank you for your quick response. Two additional thing I might add. One, I am not redirected back to the msn page. The page remains blank. Secondly, this behavior does not occur when I open with Internet Explorer. What do you think? Thanks again.