Silverlight plug-in does not works in FireFox 4 - beta 7 ( Mac OS 10.6.6 ) !!!! What is the problem ? I don't have any installed add-on !!!
Hi every one
Silverlight plug-in does not works in FireFox 4 - beta 7 ( Mac OS 10.6.6 ) !!!! I don't have any installed Extensions except "Better GReader" and "Video Helper" !!! I have problem with Seesmic.com and installing applications that required Silverlight ! I installed latest version of Silverlight many times. Please help me. (I don't have any problem with Safari or other Web Browser.)
Thank You all.
Additional System Details
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Speed Download Plugin. Allows downloads to be redirected to Speed Download
- Version 188.8.131.5220
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.2060
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
Does not work !
Silverlight only supports non-64 bit versions of Firefox on OSX (and from Firefox 4 onwards we're shipping 64-bit Firefox to 64-bit OSX users) and unlike with other plugins, we can't just start a 32-bit process to run it because of issues with the silverlight plugin architecture. We're working with the Silverlight team at Microsoft to get those fixed but it's essentially waiting on them.
(Or you could try to pressure them into releasing a 64-bit Silverlight for Macs.)
Thank you Cww, ...
I hope MS release 64-bit version of Silverlight ASAP.
In the meantime, you could try running Firefox 4 Beta on Mac OS 10.6 in 32-bit mode (this worked for me):
- From the menu bar, select Firefox and then select Quit Firefox
- Open the Applications folder in Finder and locate the Firefox application icon.
- Hold down the control key while you click the Firefox icon and select Get Info from the list of menu items.
- In the "Firefox Info" window, click the box in front of "Open in 32-bit mode" so that it is checked.
- Close the "Firefox Info" window and then restart Firefox 4.
(The above steps were copied from another article that also suggests running Firefox 4 Beta in 32-bit mode as a workaround for a different plugin issue.)
Modified by AliceWyman
P.S. Here's the related bug report, in case you want to vote for it or keep track of its progress:
Bug 598406 - Silverlight not supported by i386/x86_64 universal binary on Mac OS X 10.6
thank so much
I really haven't bumped into many sites using silverlight.. Can you point me to a site using it so i can check if mine works..