Cannot stay logged in to Yahoo mail 0n Firefox...fine on IE. Have tried everything, even reinstalling a clean version and starting with a new profile. It just won't remember the log-in cookie for Yahoo.
Windows XP and Firefox 3.6.12-Each time I go to my Yahoo mail I must log in again, even when I just go to a different page and then return. Spent much time with Yahoo tech and they suggested I try IE to see if the problem continued...it didn't. I've tried a clean re-install but problem still persists. First I just created a new profile then I did a whole new install without keeping passwords, etc. Still didn't solve the problem. When I leave the Yahoo page I also get a message something like "we notice you've signed in or out in another window, click ok to reload your page" When I do that, it bumps me out and I have to sign in to Yahoo again. Again, this doesn't happen when I use IE which must mean it is a Firefox problem with remember my cookie for Yahoo. I'm not a techie but an experienced computer user.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
A month or two ago...nothing in particular different that I can remember.
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5
- McAfee Clinic Activator Plugin (1,0,0,5)
- Mozilla ActiveX control and plugin module
- Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 18.104.22.168
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I may have solved my own problem. I changed my Yahoo password in October. Today, I decided to go to Password Manager and delete all the saved Yahoo passwords. Then I logged on again to Yahoo using the new password and so far the problem has not reoccurred. I have XMarks, the password syncing add-on installed. Each time I made a new profile or re-installed Firefox I would sync my passwords from my laptop and, in effect, was adding back in the old password. Somehow the old password was not being overridden by the new one each time I logged in. I am hoping that this will be a permanent solution to my problem.
This solution did not work. Still getting bumped when I try and check my e-mail. I now get to my home page, however when I try and open my mail I get the message "We notice that you may have signed in or out in another window. Click OK to reload your page." When I do it takes me back to the main Yahoo sign in page.
When I had this problem, I went to Tools->Options->Privacy. Then click "Use custom settings for history", then change third-party cookies to "Keep until they expire" (make sure "Accept cookies from sites" is checked). That fixed it.
Thank you. My problem is fixed.