how do I restart firefox?
I'm simply trying to restart firefox but want my windows to be saved...just like when you restart and firefox saves the websites you are on. How do I just restart the browers without losing my open websites?
I hope this question makes sense!
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1992
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
This should do it:
- Tools > Options > General > Startup: "When Firefox Starts": "Show my windows and tabs from last time"
I got as far as general but there isn't a startup option
The General tab in Tools > Options > General has three section: Startup , Downloads, Add-ons
The Startup section begins with "When Firefox Starts" and that item has a drop down selection list.
got it, thank you for clearing that up for me!! I leave my windows open and sometimes it sucks up memory and I have to restart firefox but I don't like to lose my tabs. thank you, hopefully this works.
I would like a way to restart while the tabs are open, like when you update or make changes to add ons and it tells you to restart firefox, that's what I was hoping there was a option for somewhere..but this should work, I'll just close the tabs and hopefully they will re-open again.
You can try this extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/207611/