Since installing Firefox, I've seen a lot of "Ping.chartbeat.net" My internet hangs there. What is this and can I disable it?
The issue reads "transferring data from ping.chartwell.net. The system hangs indefinitely. I've never had this problem in IE. It's especially troublesome when I'm purchasing something and after giving my credit card info etc- nothing happens. Hopefully there is a solution to this since in other respects I prefer Firefox to IE. This is an intolerable situation, however, and if I can't resolve it I will have to recert to IE. thank you. Windows XP.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Default Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
It's this issue: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=383811
This was not helpful at all for what seems to be a serious impediment.
I've been at Mozilla since last week about serious 'hangs' and crashes since updating to Firefox 7.0.1. I've just discovered one probable cause: 'ping.chartbeat.net' and now find I'm sharing this problem with others. Come on, Mozilla, sort it out!!
Sorry, but if it has been months, and no fix, I am going back to the hated IE.