Firefox won't load a new page or reload a page unless you move the cursor.
If you click Refresh or click a link to a new page, it will say "Waiting for [website]" or sometimes "Connecting to [website]" in the status bar, but the page won't actually finish loading until you move the cursor or press one of the arrow keys. Also, GIF images stay still unless you continuously move the cursor, press one of the arrow keys, or use the scroll bar.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I had trouble with my internet connection for about an hour - started a little while after the connection somehow repaired itself
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1992
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode?
Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."