I cannot get the Firefox setup wizard to run on my laptop, which runs Windows XP.
I have a Compaq Presario which runs Windows XP. I have 1.12 GB of RAM, a 1.59 GHz processor, and more than 30 GB of space on my hard drive. I can download Firefox, but I can't get the setup wizard to run. After I get it downloaded and try to run the wizard, my computer hangs up. I have tried both saving it and running it right off the bat. Neither way works. I need to have Firefox on my machine, so any way I could get help with this problem would be great. Thanks.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I tried to get Firefox on my machine, about a month ago.
- Default Plug-in
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Free Realms Installer
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
It is possible that your anti-virus software is corrupting the downloaded files or otherwise interfering with installing Firefox.
You can try to disable the real-time (live) scanning of files in your anti-virus software temporarily to see if that makes installing work.
Modified by cor-el