I can't update my Firefox. it is stuck at version 2.0
I can't seem to update my firefox as it is stuck on version 2.0. Went to the Firefox Addon page and the page detected my firefox as version 2.0.
I tried uninstalling my firefox and reinstall (with a newer version) it but it is still detected as Version 2.0
You appear to have Firefox 3.6.12, you just need to reset your user agent string (identifies the version of Firefox). For details of how to do that see the Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version article.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller
- Pando Web Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/2.0 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
No troubleshoot information
You appear to have Firefox 3.6.12, you just need to reset your user agent string (identifies the version of Firefox). For details of how to do that see the Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version article.
Thanks for the quick reply!