I don't have a reload button in Firefox 4.
I've tried using the "alt" thing, customizing the toolbar (there's no reload button to add), and resetting all toolbars in safe mode. It's still not visible to me. I also have no "stop" button (to stop a page from loading once it's started). the only button that I can see is the Home button. I can add other things to the toolbar, but not these essential buttons.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I installed Firefox.
- Google Update
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0b7) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b7
I've been researching this problem for a while, but I can't figure it out.
The stop/go/reload buttons by default have been combined into one button and will be attached to the right end of the location bar. When you customize the toolbar you should see the reload and stop buttons separated but still to the right of the location bar, you can then move them elsewhere and they will become separate buttons.
Thank you. I never would have found these buttons on my own.
Firefox 4.0 has a combined Reload and Stop button that appears at the far right of the location bar.
- Open the "View > Toolbars > Customize" window to move them out of the location bar.
- Swap the two buttons or move them to their previous position at the left of the location bar.
- If the order is "Reload - Stop" to get a combined "Reload/Stop" button.
- Swap the order to "Stop - Reload" or separate them otherwise to get two distinct buttons.
What if I want to have separate reload and stop buttons placed in that order? Is there an about:config or an extension for this?
You can place a space or toolbar separator between the two buttons.
The first thing I did was look in the customize. Both buttons were shown in the order Reload, Stop.
However they never seem to show up. This is the full release installed as an upgrade.
Putting the spacer in helped show them both. If I reverse them it shows them both. However the combined button approach as is set up by default seems to show neither.
Modified by Bodestone
I don't see the combined button in my toolbar. Also "View > Toolbars > Customize" does'nt show either button. What does the button look like ? Thanks.
I had it working per the View - Toolbars - Customize, placing stop and reload to the left of the url window. I also have the plugin 'download helper'. I then did a Restore Default Set, and then tried again to place separate stop and reload buttons...then the reload button disappeared. I could place into various positions while Customizing, but once I hit Done, it would never appear. I tried placing it right, center, left, within a new add-on bar, etc., with separators/flex spaces on either side, etc.
Just now, I finally removed and replaced the Location bar to the extreme right, leaving all buttons (stop, reload, home, bookmarks and download, in that order, to the left of the location bar). For the first time in hours, I again see separate stop and reload. I'm having a hard time seeing this as intentional operation. (sorry for the long post...I used to break code for a living and want to ensure that any problem actually gets fixed).
- ( :(
Modified by stevecrye
Modified by stevecrye
First of all, I keep reading about something to the right of the location bar; what in the heck is a "location bar?" Is it the "address bar?" If it is, I've never heard it called the location bar, and there is nothign to the right of it. Secondly, there is no "refresh" icon in the View>Toolbars>Customize location that I can add to my browser. This is quite ridiculous. Who is going to make a whole new format for a browser without refresh buttons and status bars? Just plain stupid, if you ask me. I have found the add-on that applies the status bar to the browser, but I still can't find a way to get a refresh button. Please help.
Modified by atreyuu2003
Right click anywhere on the page,(mostly on blank areas),then click on Reload ,....I just discovered this!
Reload button is INSIDE the address bar, that is why some people don't see it ...it is right side of a star at the end of the address bar...it looks like a semi circle, bent arrow
Here is the solution .
The refresh button is right here next to the google search in the new firefox.
You can right click next to it , itll bring up a menu . Click Customize and drag and drop the refresh button to where you want it. I put mine right next to the home button as seen here.
Modified by Rodia
- Open the "View > Toolbars > Customize"
- Drag and drop "Flexible Space" to centre between reload and stop
mercurycc: Thank you, I never realized there's some button. Wow.
Modified by rionka