Oops! Firefox could not find xxxxxx Error on recently visited sites
I just got a new laptop, downloaded Firefox and having the Oops! Firefox could not find error. It happens with any site. Hitting refresh loads the page just fine. I've disabled IV6, I've made sure Firefox is on the Windows 7 Firewall exception list (deleted and re-added it), and Ive disabled DNS prefetching. Google Chrome has the same problem on my computer but IE 8 does not.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 GTB7.1
Do a malware check with a few malware scan programs.
You need to use all programs because each detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of the database before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
See also "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked and What to do when searches take you to the wrong search website
See also http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_websites - "Error_loading_some_websites"
Thanks for the quick reply, I have done all the scans mentioned and they all found 0 infections besides the standard cookies and what not. The issue still exists though.