Firefox frequently reads "not responding" and freezes my computer - how can I fix this?
Firefox freezes and it says "not responding". I have to soft boot to restore it and sometimes that doesn't even work. I have deleted all temp files, cleaned up hard drive and defrag regularly. It's really irritating. How can I fix this?
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
long time ago.
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
how can I fix this?