Why do web pages only load when I move my mouse around the browser?
As soon as I try to load a site the browser does not load anything at all until I start moving my mouse around. I tried updating flash and using different settings and preferences but to no avail.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I updated firefox.
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Adobe Acrobat and Reader Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 7.0.0
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100316 Firefox/3.6.2
wow...can anyone fix this or what? how long does it take to get a reply?
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the add-ons is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Ok, Just found firefox on dads laptop to be doing this as well, and it seemed to be the system time/date wrong.
This caused the addon update checking thing to find that all ssl certificates were expired (the year was set to 1970) I'm not sure how that affected anything, but after setting the time/date correctly everything started working fine again.
Hope this helps someone else
my man! worked like a charm. thanks a lot for the help.