What gives? "The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to Excite."
I'm using Firefox 3.5.15 to access my email account at excite.com, as usual over many years. I have not changed any security settings or installed any new security software recently. My clock is set correctly on my Windows 7 system. There's plenty of space on my hard drive. Suddenly, I can't get into my Excite email account via Firefox, only IE8 (which sucks). Why?
Modified by kokonuts2
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Winamp Application Detector
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- MSN® Toolbar
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.5.15
>> " The browser you're using is not allowing you to sign in to Excite.
NOTE: You will also receive this error if you computer system time is off by more than a few hours, or is set to an incorrect day or year. To check your system time on your computer, please double-click the date and time in the bottom right of your screen, and confirm it is set correctly.
How do I change my browser settings?
Tip: If you are using the same browser that came installed on your computer when you bought it - and if you've owned your computer for a couple of years - we recommend that you download the latest version. Internet Explorer users, click here. Netscape users, click here.
Tried everything and still can't sign in? It could be due to one of these issues:
* Your computer's clock may be set ahead 10 years or more. Your clock may be showing the correct time of day, but is it set to the right year? Believe it or not, this has prevented some Excite users from being able to sign in.
* Your computer's hard drive (C:, most likely) has low disk space. If your computer's operating system uses Windows, and if your hard drive is nearly full, this may prevent you from being able to sign in to your account. You may want to delete some old files or move a number of your files to another drive on your computer.
* Your computer/computer's network is using security software or a firewall that prevents you from signing in. Some security software and firewalls use settings that make it impossible to sign in to an Excite email account. These settings can be changed, so please check with your network administrator or call the security software maker if you believe this may be true in your case. " <<
Fixed it myself: "TOOLS" : "PAGE INFO" : "PERMISSIONS" : "SET COOKIES" : "ALLOW"
Why they bury this in an obscure & misleading menu item, and let it over-ride other global settings elsewhere without a guide or a warning? STOOOPIT!
And thanks for no help on this one.