Firefox will not play any videos, and will not "load" Microsoft Silverlight. What can I do?
When I go to Netflix.com and click on a "play instantly" movie or show a microsoft siverlight message come up saying "Thanks for installing, please restart your browser to watch this movie", I have had siverlight installed on my laptop for months now and watch many, many movies and shows on netflix through firefox and just recently it started doing this. Now firefox will not play ANY videos that stream from online. When I open the same videos on other browsers they play fine, so the problem is with firefox and not my laptop. Can anyone help with this?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
When firefox did an automatic update about a week ago.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Mycamera Plugin
- DivX® Content Upload Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
Based on http://cogx.blogspot.com/2011/05/silverlight-and-firefox.html, I added the following to the registry and it solved my problem: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\plugin-container.exe] "CWDIllegalInDllSearch"=dword:00000002