Firefox will not retain "use custom settings for history". It keeps reverting to "remember history".
issue resolved. I'm closing this and no longer watching
Modified by Wilso
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 8.5
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Well, it still doesn't retain the setting, but it's now keeping the cookies, which was the original problem. So I guess this problem is closed.
Firefox shows the "(Never) Remember history" setting if all the history and cookie setting are the default. Make at least one change to the default setting if you want "Use custom settings for history" to stay selected. Otherwise Firefox will revert to "(Never) Remember history" if you return to the Privacy tab. The choice "Use custom settings for history" will stay selected as long as not all settings are the default to make you aware that you made changes.