Can I specify a Web Page to open (i.e., a Home Page) when I create a new Tab?
When I create a new Tab, I get a blank page. I'd like the Tab to start-out with a Home Page that I specify - similar to the option that Firefox provides for each instance of Firefox that you start.
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 071303000006
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
That's exactly what I was looking for! THANK YOU!!!
Dan PS Do you have any idea why they don't design that into FF?
Thank you for the helpful answer!
Modified by amominak
Thanks, Those "add-ons" or "extensions" are not working for me. Using Windows 7. This has been going on for a while with me. 3 months ago I uninstalled FF then re-installed but it has same problems. Found about:config but wasn't sure if there is a solution on that screen.
Uninstall again? Last time I uninstalled FF, I saved the bookmarks. But the re-install already had them in when I first opened. So I don't think i did that one correctly.
Do you have one of the above mentioned extensions installed?
Uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox doesn't affect the data stored in the Firefox Profile Folder, unless you remove personal data while uninstalling which will remove all Firefox profile folder even if they were made by other Firefox versions.
i did have one or both installed at one point but I uninstalled them (i think).
The link is great. Thanks. And the info on Profile folder is also good info. I will want to save my passwords (write them down, print them out) before I deal with this folder.
Having the same problem as FF_2010 above -- the extensions aren't working for me. Also running Windows 7. Maybe that's the problem?
Found the answer in another thread discussing the same problem. Hit Ctrl and click the Home icon at the same time. Works great!