why am I getting this message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied?
I just tried to access a website that I regularly access several times a day. However, this evening I received the following message: 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.
I have never seen this before, and have no idea what it means, or how to access the site. Does it have anything to do with my security settings? Help. I belong to the site, and need to access it.
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
today, Oct. 26, 2010
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 103
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Do you need to login to access that website?
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
- "Clear the Cache": Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
- "Remove the Cookies" from sites causing problems: Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
I am just trying to get to the website itself. Then, I could at least attempt to log in. The site in question is: http://www.authonomy.com. I appreciate any help you can give.