how can i fix "the url is not valid and cannot be loaded error firefox"?
anyone know what that error message is about?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
i dont know
- Runs 3-D games and interactive applets
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11 GTB7.1
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
If it does work in Safe-mode then disable all your extensions and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one at a time until the problem reappears.
You can use "Disable all add-ons" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window to disable all extensions.
You have to close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
I had this problem too and found out, it was related to the custom search engines that I had added with the add-on "Add to Search Bar". Somehow they got corrupted.
Make a backup (a copy) of the folder "searchplugins", inside your Firefox profile folder, then in the search bar click on "Manage search engines", then on "Restore defaults".
Close Firefox, empty the folder "searchplugins", open Firefox, close it again, put all search engines files from the backup folder back into the original "searchplugins" folder inside your Firefox profile. Open Firefox.
That solved my problem.