False site offering update for Firefox, or am I wrong?
I was searching for a certain photo using Google and when tried to open one of the results i got this hxxp://supportff .co .cc/ where the page offers me to update Firefox. I was suspicious and decided to report it here. It doesn't look like legitimate site, but I'm not too experienced with this subject.
Link disabled - TonyE
Modified by TonyE
Do not install anything from that site, it is trying to get you to install malware.Read this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- Version 188.8.131.52
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Zylom Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- Winamp Application Detector
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 184.108.40.206
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 1.1.3, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 FBSMTWB
Do not install anything from that site, it is trying to get you to install malware.
Thought so... tnx :)