I downloaded latest version but when I click on icon still shows old version of 3.o.6
It downloaded but I didn't know where to go from there. The latest version on my computer says it was last modified in 2009. I must be missing a step. I want to play Farmville on FB using the latest version as they suggested. On the old version I could get to FB but not Farmville. Kept saying I needed to enable 3rd party cookies. That blue dot was already clicked so I didn't know where to go from there. There wasn't a place that said accept. So I clueless what to do. Please help
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
new firefox today ... old version, everytime i tried to play farmville
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Provides support for Digital Rights Management
- Provides support for Windows Media.
- npmnqmp 071101000050
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/2009011912 Firefox/3.0.6
- Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean (re)install.
- Install the new version that you have downloaded.
You can also try "Reset all user preferences to Firefox defaults" on the Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode start window.
You can create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile (be careful not to copy corrupted files)