Can't install update, says I don't have permissions for some items
I've been using Firefox on this computer for some time, presently v. 3.6.8. I have downladed 3.6.10, but when I try to drag it to the applications folder, it says I do not have permissions to copy some items.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Version 18.104.22.16898
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
- Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall.
- Install the new version that you have downloaded.
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.