firefox 3.6.11.dmg is not being recognized because "the following disk images failed to mount." why is this happening?
I am trying to install Firefox 3.6.11 but I am not able to go beyond downloading it's .dmg file because of that message I saw from a seperate screen.
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
after I downloaded the .dmg file into my computer
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071701000006
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- npmnqmp 07103007
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20101001 Firefox/3.5.14
Try to repair the disk permissions: http://thexlab.com/faqs/repairprocess.html
- http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963 Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X
You can also try this:
- Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall.
- Install the new version that you have downloaded.
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.