My bookmarks disappeared
I turned on my computer today (10/18) and initially, my bookmarks were there. In one folder there were multiple bookmarks of the same link, so I proceeded to delete them. Unfortunately, it did not seem to work, the links remained no matter how many different copies I selected delete to try to remove. Later I shut down my computer and turned back on about 2 hours later. When I did all of my bookmarks were gone.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
I have tried to import favorites from IE and nothing happened despite it saying that the import was successful. I have gone through each of the steps for disappearing bookmarks listed in one of the articles on here and nothing changed.
See Recover lost or missing Bookmarks for details of how to recover them.
There may be a problem with the file that stores bookmarks, in which case this link will help re-create the file and import the bookmarks from a backup - http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locked_or_damaged_places.sqlite