How do I leave full screen and is there a keyboard shortcut?
Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Windows 7, Firefox 4. I'm hoping there is a short cut or at least some way to get out of full screen without restarting Firefox. Once I pressed f1 and the task bar came back. But I tried f1 again many times in full screen and I didn't get the task bar back. ( the screen goes dark for a couple of seconds and comes back.)
I figured out how to get out of full screen, by reducing the window size. Is there a short cut to get in and out of full screen?
Modified by rsettle2
Additional System Details
This started when...
10/16/2010 in full screen mode
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2062
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:2.0b6) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0b6
F1 or F11?
F11 toggles in and out of the Full Screen mode. F1 used to open Firefox online "Help" in 3.5 and 3.6, but it looks like that was disabled in the 4.0betas - it does nothing for me.
There is also an entry in the right-click context menu of the Navigation Toolbar to "Exit Full Screen Mode". The Navigation Toolbar should appear if you hover the mouse to the top.