Why am I unable to select the corresponding media player plugin for the corresponding media files? Most are defaulted to Quicktime....?
I went to see if I could select the corresponding plugin, but I didn't have a choice, except to pick the QT plugin. Does Firefox just automatically go by what my default player is? Cuz to tell you the truth, I never use QT, nor have I ever set up QT to be the default player for anything really. I appreciate any and all info you can provide.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Version 1.1.4, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20091201 YFF35 Firefox/3.5.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Firefox goes by the default file associations as set in the Windows Control Panel > Folder Options - File Types, until you reset the "Action" in the Applications tab, in Options. Quick Time changes a lot more file associations than it "should", which is why I won't install it. I use Quick Time Alternative instead.
See also MediaPlayerConnectivity: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/446/