This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
ALL of my Bookmarks have all of a sudden just disappeared! I thought that using "Firefox sync" was supposed to eliminate problems like this. I can't seem to find any way to restore my bookmarks either. What can I do?
I have imported my contacts to IE before I ever installed Firefox. Now I have Firefox v3.6.1 & Sync installed & had been using for at least 2 months. Two days ago all my bookmarks were gone. I've exited the browser & reset my computer all to no avail.
All Replies (2)
You can try these steps, choosing the next one if a previous one didn't solve the problem:
- In Bookmarks - Organise bookmarks window, click import/backup button, see whether anything is listed in backup menu.
- In profile folder, check whether places.sqlite file has a creation date before 2 days ago.
- Click Tools - Sync now, and try steps 1 and 2 again.
If you are using Firefox 10+ try this:
Under Bookmarks menu
- Show all bookmarks
- Click on the top right button in the toolbar ("Import and backup your bookmarks")
- Click on Restore
- You should see the most recent 10 or so dates on which Firefox backed up your bookmarks
- Click on the one you want and click okay
Modified by mspaenle