Tap here to go to the mobile version of the site.
Your Firefox is out of date and may contain a security risk! Upgrade Firefox

Support Forum

Is there any keystroke shortcut for switching back and forth between tabs? i.e. the same way Alt+Tab switches back and forth between browser windows?


I'm simply looking for a keystroke shortcut to use to switch back and forth or cycle through open tabs, the same way you can use Alt+Tab to cycle through open browsers. If there was a keystroke for this, it would make it much quicker for me than having to grab the mouse every time i want to look at one of my other open tabs.

Additional System Details

Installed Plug-ins

  • Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
  • Default Plug-in
  • Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
  • Npdsplay dll
  • DRM Store Netscape Plugin
  • DRM Netscape Network Object


  • User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv: Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10

More Information

  • Top 10 Contributor
  • Moderator
10754 solutions 96777 answers

Helpful Reply

Yes, you can use "Ctrl+Page Up" and "Ctrl+Page Down" or (Shift+)Ctrl+Tab to go to the Previous or Next tab.

See Keyboard shortcuts - Perform common Firefox tasks quickly

chrismayo 0 solutions 1 answers

Helpful Reply

Ctrl+tab and shift+ctrl+tab will cycle forward and backwards between tabs on the Mac.