What do I do when I see "about sessionrestore" in the URL field ?
Even when I uninstall Firefox and reinstall a newer version, the problem still occurs. When I click on Firefox icon, its page seems to open but the "about sessionrestore" reappears. If I click on the same field to write another URL, then Firefox stops responding
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
probably when I installed some antivirus program (Avast) or Google Chrome or SpyBot
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Google Update
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_05 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
You get the about:sessionstore page if Firefox repeatedly crashes or closes abnormally.
Some troubleshooting options. Try to start Firefox in Firefox safe mode, this will start Firefox with add-ons disabled and can be used to see if an add-on is causing the problem. If it works in safe mode try the procedure in the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article.
Uninstalling and re-installing Firefox does not by default remove the profile folder (location where user data is stored), another troubleshooting option is to create a new profile. Creating a new profile will show if the problem is with the old profile. For how to do that see creating a new Firefox profile on Windows.
If the new profile works, you can copy selected data such as bookmarks and passwords to the new profile. For details see transferring data to a new profile. Do not copy the preferences file, and it is best to re-install any add-ons.