I keep setting my homepage to Google and Firefox keeps changing it to MSN with Bing.
I've set my homepage to Google, but every few days, I open my browser and instead of Google, I get MSN Games with Bing. How can I stop Firefox from making this change automatically?
Modified by priest.hunter
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
Several months ago.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Pando Web Installer
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
I fixed this issue by going to Firefox button -> addons -> extensions and removing the StartNow toolbar. I also went to add/remove programs in Windows and uninstalled it there. It came from Cnet (download.com). Hope that helps. It fixed mine (finally).
If you accidentally install StartNow toolbar aka Bing Bar, as I did you have to do several things to get rid of all the effects it has, damn MS, first as stated above uninstall Bing Bar from Add Remove Programs, next Tools=> add-ons => extension,s uninstall StartNow, and finally not mentioned above, you have to go to the Firefox config file, type about:config into the url field and go, in the config file get rid of all references to Bing and MSN, you can find them by using the filter.