I can't view my friends' profile pictures on Facebook newsfeed-- fb okay on IE
I used to be able to see my friends profile pictures when they posted on my news feed and now no longer can. I also cannot see a profile picture for myself. Fb works fine on Internet explorer so my privacy settings with fb are still the same. I believe that these are somehow being blocked on Firefox.
Additional System Details
- Logitech Device Detection
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.0"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
I have gone to Tools, Options, Content. Allow images is checked and in exceptions facebook.com is allowed.
With Facebook on display, click on the How do I tell if my connection to a website is secure? and then on More Information. This will open up the page info dialog.
First select the Permissions panel, make sure that "Load Images" is set to allow (selecting Use Default should also work)
Next select the Media panel, then click on the first item in the list. Use the down arrow key to scroll through the list. If any item has the option "Block images from (domain name)" selected, de-select the option.
This should hopefully resolve your issue, but also see Fix problems that cause images to not show.
Some add-ons can also block images, for example if you have AdBlock Plus installed, make sure that you have not accidentally created a filter to block the images.
Where do I find the Site identity button?
That is the website favicon that you see on the left site of the location (address) bar
See this article How do I tell if my connection to a website is secure?
This worked for me: 1. Go to the "Tools" menu 2. Choose "Options" 3. Click on the "Content" tab 4. Across from "Load images automatically" click "Exceptions" 5. Highlight the Facebook URL 6. Click "Remove site" 7. Close the Exceptions window 8. Click "OK" 9. Restart your browser Good luck!"
Modified by PeteCo