Why does it take me somewhere else when I click on a Google link ?
It takes me to some generic page that has the subject. I can't even back page to get out of it.
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
This type of behaviour can be caused by malware. Try running several malware scanners. It is best to run several as each will pick up things that the others miss. Some scanners you can try are:
This link may be of help - http://deletemalware.blogspot.com/2010/02/remove-google-redirect-virus.html
If the above malware scanners do not find any malware or can not clear it, you should consider posting in one of these forums for specialized malware removal help: