Unable to disable cookies in FF 3.6.8; web sites over-ride unchecked cookies box. How can I maintain a no cookies environment ?
FF 3.0.10 avoids cookies very effectively when enable cookies box is unchecked. FF 3.6.8 does not have ability to avoid cookies when enable cookies box is unchecked. Web sites are able to over-ride unchecked cookies setting, and insert cookies in unlimited fashion. Are FF 3.6.7 through FF 3.6.10 able to avoid this cookie over-ride process by these visited web sites ? What is reason for this vulnerability open door in FF 3.6.8 ? Running on WIN XP system. When use FF 3.0.10 to go to same sites, there is no problem with cookies control. Thank you for your help.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Default Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Java Plug-in 1.4.1_02 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10
To see all the History and Cookie options, select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history"
See Settings for privacy, browsing history and do-not-track
Modified by cor-el