I can't get rid of Bing from my home page, how do I do this?
Without being aware of it I downloaded Bing, I got rid of it as a toolbar but now every time I turn on my computer instead of getting Comcast as my home page I get a picture with the Bing logo and a Bing search site. Hoe do I get rid of this ? I can't even find my downloads for some reason>
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Sept. 30, 2010
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 GTB5 JobsSearchToolbar/1.2
Please see How to set the home page.
Same thing happened to me at the weekend. After removing, uninstalling, restarting etc I FINALLY found this answer and it worked http://www.seasonsecurity.com/a/how-do-i-get-rid-of-bing-90222.html
I already hated Microsoft, but there's no way I'm using Bing now.