This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
I cant remember my phrase and dont want to lose all my book marks and saved sites and thems please help me
What can I do aside from changigf it and losing all my data??
All Replies (4)
The phrase should be in the password manager for the Firefox profile that you setup Sync with.
- Open the Firefox Options/Preferences dialog
- In that dialog select the Security panel
- Click on the "Saved Passwords" button to open the password manager
- In the password manager click the "Show Passwords" button
- Type 'chrome in the search field of the password manager, you should then see the password and secret phrase for Firefox Sync
Even if you can not find it there, you can reset the secret phrase and Firefox Sync will then load the data again from Firefox. For details on doing that see Firefox Sync troubleshooting and tips.
The data stored on the Sync servers is a duplicate of the data that exists on your computer. The Firefox Sync add-on is there to ensure any devices have the same set of data. Firefox will use the bookmarks/passwords stored on your computer, not those on the Sync servers.
That computer crashed due to a power problem and im on my new one. So if I reset the phrase I shouldn't lose anything?
Resetting the secret phrase will remove all data on the Sync servers. If you do not have local backups and you cannot access the old computer you may have lost the bookmarks and passwords.
THATS NOT what I hoped to here!! Thank you anyways for your help!