This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Suddenly, I can't get the plugin scan page to open. I keep getting "Plugin Finding Service Error", no matter how many times I try, or wait. When I first opened it yesterday, it was scanning, then it disappeared and I got the error message.
I have opened the plugin scanning page many times before, and have done some updating of plugins recently, but yesterday I couldn't bring up the scan, I keep getting "Plugin Finding Service Error", which says to "try again later". I believe what I updated most recently was Flash (I think). No matter how many times I push the "try again", or shut down Firefox and the webpage, I still get the error, and get nowhere!
All Replies (9)
Your above posted "More system details" list shows two Adobe Download Manager plugins that you do not need.
Thanks, TonyE! I just used CCleaner and defragged my HD within an inch of it's life, and I could have sworn cache was cleaned. I got the scan page loaded!
Modified by Dahlila
Cor-el, are you speaking of the newest version of Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe getPlusPlus? It appears it was my cache memory needing purged, because I got the plugin scan page open soon after I cleared it. getPlusPlus is a download app, isn't it? Why would I not need the newest version of Acrobat reader, btw?
Thanks, cor-el for your reply; I sometimes need all the help I can get!
Modified by Dahlila
I had a similar issue too, turns out I did not allow access to mozilla.com from my noscript extension
The problem is affecting all the computers on my network. I have one running XP, one running Windows 7, and one running Ubuntu linux. The only thing in common is the use of Hughes satellite for the internet access. I can't see how this would cause a problem, because it should be transparent the user. I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't help. I was successfully able to check plugins this morning on a work computer using a different ISP. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I too had to tell noscript to allow mozilla.org. It was a new computer and I guess on the older one I've taken all settings for granted and now I have to think about them on the new one. Not exactly the same situation (plugin page works then doesn't) but it may help someone who's added noscript;remember to tell it all mozilla is safe.
Modified by vidman
This problem has been occurring for the past two months. I have updated Firefox to version 3.6.16...including Flash Player to version 10.2.153.1 as instructed. I am able to click on the "Add-ons" tab and "find updates" for "Get Add-ons" and "Extensions." However, the "find updates" tab is not working for "Plugins." I followed one of your suggestions in your "troubleshooting plugins" topic (disabling the plugins...then enabling them after a check). That didn't work either. In fact, a message box would appear saying that Firefox has "disabled Flash" instead, which of course it did not, since I was able to confirm that the Flash Player update version was still intact. Unfortunately, it appears that updating the Flash Player through Firefox is not a standalone operation. Apparently it will not work properly unless a separate update is subsequently processed through Internet Explorer as well.
This problem continues in FF 6.0.2. Does not seem to be a real solution. No Script allows mozilla.com. No firewalls. Can't understand this one at all.
Checked everything I can. May have to uninstall FF and start over.