Remember passwords is grayed out all the sudden
The "Remember Passwords" is grayed out. It has been working just fine and just stopped! How do I fix this?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:188.8.131.52) Gecko/20100914 (CK-BBS) Firefox/3.6.10
- Make sure that you not run Firefox in Private Browsing - Control what information Firefox saves mode
- In Private Browsing mode some menu items are disabled (grayed) and features like visited links are disabled and not showing
- You are in Private Browsing mode if you see "Tools > Stop Private Browsing", possibly grayed
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Uncheck: [ ] "Automatically start Firefox in a private browsing session"
I've NEVER HAD or USED Private Browsing. My problems has nothing to do with this Private-thing ........ anyone have a fix for this?
I had to re-install firefox to get the "remember passwords" to work again. This is a "flaky" browser problem. You would think firefox would get this fixed rather than have all those false and misleading fix posts they put on the forum!!