why won't Firefox play live video streams such as webcam pages.
just upgraded to windows 7 as well as the latest version of firefox. Flash movie sites such as youtube play without difficulty. It is only sites such as http://www.liveduvalstreet.com/crowdcam.htm that do not work. before these sites worked without difficulty.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r85
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.522
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Version 1.1.4, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
upgraded from vista 64 to windows 7 64.
Tried running safe mode and shutting off addons and plugins.
You need the Windows Media Player to see that cam and your plugins list doesn't show that plugin.
Thanks for the response. That did indeed solve the problem. Figured it out about an hour after posting. Interestingly it works fine on my wifes computer (vista64) without the wmp plug in.