I can't sign-in to ebay, it keeps taking me back to the sign-in page
I've cleared the cache and cookies and I'm not having this problem with Internet Explorer. I've tried disabling extensions and the Firefox theme is on default. When I try to sign-in, I notice the little padlock in the bottom right hand corner has a red exclamation mark and says... 'Warning: contains unauthenticated content'
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2008-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.17, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10
Open Containing Folder
ZoneAlarm Security Engine
Java Quick Starter
Make sure that ZoneAlarm isn't blocking cookies.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of your add-ons is causing your problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
Thanks for replying and have tried signing in to ebay in safe mode but with no success
Any ideas anyone ?... Otherwise it's back to I.E. and feeling unimpressed with Firefox
this is a security issue with the browsers and ebay.ca that has no resolution that a user can apply via user settings.
There may be issues associated with firewalls but good luck getting cooperation from the players with that.
Thanks sean, I appreciate your reply... but to be honest I feel that if Firefox can't address what seems to be a pretty basic problem, then I feel safer ( and more convenient) with I.E.... It is a shame, because as soon as I tried Firefox, I noticed the much faster speed of the browser and stability, but, this ebay problem doesn't fill me with much confidence. (Separate issue, but I'm also not keen on the way the cache is arranged.. but that's a different matter)
Any other ideas anyone ?... before I revert back to I.E. so that I can access ebay without hassle ?
Come on Mozilla FF! Help us us out! My precious hours of life are wasting away on this problem!
Modified by mundomagic