When I start on a .xps file and Open with. . . and choose the Microsoft XPS file viewer, Firefox still opens and I get nowhere.
When I double-click on the file, Firefox opens, too.
Firefox wants me to save the file or browse. If I browse to the Microsoft XPS viewer (the recommended option) and select it, then a new copy of firefox opens and wants me to save or browse. Deja vu.
I have Vista, .Net 4, Firefox 3.6.10
Additional System Details
This started when...
I tried "printing" a web page with the XPS writer and wanted to open it.
- Cooliris embedded in a tab
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Version 0.8.6e, copyright 1996-2007 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0E)
I read this link and did not see how it applied. The xps viewer is not on the list of file types in Firefox. But why does Firefox open at all? Firefox is not open when I double-click on the file. The .xps files are associated with the Microsoft xps viewer in the file associations.
Modified by mullen