How to remove the Ask Toolbar
The Ask Toolbar has installed itself, it is not listed in the plug ins or extentions. It is not shown on the "Add or remove programs".
Please can someone tell me how to remove it? It is not as easy as everyone says... I can't get rid of it.
Additional System Details
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-GB; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Go to Tools, Plug ins and remove - doesn't work
Go to Control Panel, add and remove programs - doesn't work
See this mozillaZine forum thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=627084&p=5069645#p5069645