I can not get my webcam to work through firefox on facebook. Is there anything that I can do to get it to work?
Everytime I try to use my webcam on facebook through firefox it will not work. The screen to show the picture doesnt even come up. Yet I go to another browser and it works. I really don't want to stop using firefox, is there anything that I can do to get it to work?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
When I got my webcam, 9/12/10
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Office Live Update v1.5
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Unity Player 2.5.4b5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.5.13
It is an easy fix..... right click the cam screen (ctrl + click) click settings on the left hand tab on the bottom of the pop up settings box and take the checkmark off of enable hardware acceleration