Why am I getting pop-ups even though I have "Block pop-up windows" checked under content?
This just started in the last week. I have not had this problem before and I went back into the Options settings to make sure the box was checked.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00090316005 plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.4 For more information visit Musicnotes.com
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100914 Firefox/3.6.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Specific web sites repeatedly? Or do they seem to be random websites?
I just opened my Mozilla browser and went to email, clicked on the notification that I had a reply to my question, and this window popped up: http://newsdaily7.com/jobs/?t202id=62361&t202kw=us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com This "newsdaily7.com" been one of the ones I have seen before.
And you are using Yahoo Mail thru Firefox?
Do all those popup windows show that =us.mg4.mail.yahoo.com at the end of the URL, or something similar?
If so, I can't only guess that Yahoo Mail is getting around the popup blocker.